Hear Why These Are Focal’s Best-selling Monitors
Put up Focal’s Twin6 Be monitors, and you’ll realize why these nearfields are the best-selling studio reference monitors in Focal’s entire renowned range. They boast an extremely clear, near-linear 40Hz-40kHz frequency response, which puts the Twin6 Be’s sonic reach outside the range of even your own hearing. How? Focal’s inverted-dome tweeter and dual-woofer technology are responsible for the magic. Expect articulate bass and midbass response, midrange neutrality, and nothing but detailed highs — in short, your Focal Twin6Be is dedicated to delivering a precision image.
Focal Twin6 Be 6.5″ Active 3-way Studio Monitor at a Glance:
- Focal’s best-seller is all about precision, definition, and accuracy
- Hear the advantages of Focal’s Beryllium inverted-dome tweeter
- “W” composite sandwich cone helps to optimize the frequency response curve
Focal’s best-seller is all about precision, definition, and accuracy
It’s no secret, the Focal Twin6 Be 3-way nearfield monitors have been sweeping studios all across Europe and the States. Why? They’re extraordinarily transparent — and they’re Focal’s most versatile work tool. Thanks to the Twin6 Be’s image precision, treble definition, and midrange neutrality — all of which are at the heart of the Twin 6 Be’s reputation — you’ll have all the studio monitor you need for recording, mixing, and mastering.
Hear the advantages of Focal’s Beryllium inverted-dome tweeter
A Focal hallmark is the inverted-dome tweeter — and it’s a big part of the magic behind the Twin6 Be’s amazing performance. The particular advantage of the inverted dome is that it optimizes the mechanical coupling between the voice coil and the dome. As the voice coil is fixed at mid-height on the dome, it can uniformly move the Twin6 Be’s entire cone surface. This design inherently offers high efficiency, precision, and energy, all resulting in an extremely precise soundstage. Add to that the use of Beryllium for the Twin6 Be’s dome — a material noted for its incredible rigidity — and you’ve got a speaker that can near-linearly span from 40Hz all the way up to 40kHz, above the range of human hearing.
“W” composite sandwich cone helps to optimize the frequency response curve
The Twin6 Be takes advantage of Focal’s “W” composite sandwich cone. The unique characteristics of the cone permits optimization of the frequency response curve, thanks to the total control of three key parameters: lightness, rigidity, and damping. The sound is amazingly transparent, has an excellent phase response, and has an extremely low distortion rate.
Focal Twin6 Be 6.5″ Active 3-way Studio Monitor Features:
- Focal’s best-selling studio reference monitor
- Hallmark-Focal inverted-dome tweeter, for high efficiency, precision, and energy
- Employs a rigid Beryllium tweeter, for Focal’s best-in-range tweeter performance
- “W” composite sandwich cone permits optimization of the frequency response curve
Focal Twin6 Be 6.5″ Active 3-way Studio Monitor Specifications:
- Frequency response: 40Hz-40kHz
- Maximum SPL: 115dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Input Type/Impedance: symmetrical/10 kOhms
- Input Connector: XLR
- Sensitivity: Adjustable, +4dBu or -10dBV
- Bass/mid-range: 2x150W rms, BASH technology
- Treble: 100W rms, AB class
- Electric supply: 230V (2A fuse), 115V (4A fuse), Removable IEC supply wire
- Input-sensitivity selector
- Mid-range speaker selector (right/left)
- Adjustable tweeter and woofer levels by potentiometer
- Power on/off
- Voltage selector
- Power on LED
- Woofer: 2x6W4370B Focal “W” composite sandwich cone 6-1/2″ (16.5cm) speaker
- Tweeter: TB871, Focal inverted dome tweeter in Beryllium
- Transducer shielding: Integral through cancellation magnets or by magnet design
- Box: 7-1/2″ (19mm) MDF panels
- Finish: Dark red natural veneering side panels, black body
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 9-13/16 x 19-11/16 x 13-3/8 ” (250x500x340mm)
- Weight: 30.8lb (14kg)
Focal’s best-selling reference monitor, the 3-way Twin6 Be, is all about a linear response and a precision image!
There are no reviews yet.