8″ Powered Subwoofer with 109W Class D Amplifier, MDF Enclosure, and 30Hz-205Hz Frequency Range
Tighten and Excite Your Mixes
Whether you mix sound for film or EDM, you can help your work translate across other systems with the KRK 8s studio subwoofer. The compact 8s boasts an 8″ glass-aramid composite woofer with a 1.5″ voice coil in an MDF enclosure that’s capable of reproducing frequencies down to 30Hz. Even your trusted KRK monitors can’t do that! This extended low end gives you a better grasp on what frequencies to boost and cut, which can take your mixes from good to stunning. The 109-watt Class D amplifier faithfully pumps out 113 peak dB of tight, defined bass. The KRK 8s’s back panel lets you customize your sub response with an adjustable crossover point, sensitivity switch, and polarity and ground switches.
KRK 8s Powered Studio Subwoofer at a Glance:
- Cleaner bass for a cleaner mix
- Better translation between systems
- KRK monitors: the professional’s choice for 25 years
Cleaner bass for a cleaner mix
Unchecked bass can eat up your headroom in a hurry. And if your clients demand the loudest mixes possible, even a small reduction in the right neighborhood can smooth out your low end and give your transients a heavier hit. Adding the KRK 8s sub to your system is a great way to find those problem frequencies that can throttle a mix.
Better translation between systems
Stereo is no longer the standard. Consumers listen to 2.1 systems in their cars and 5.1 or 7.1 systems at home. The savvy engineer needs to know that the low end of a mix is full enough for an immersive experience, yet clean enough that it doesn’t take over a piece of music. Sweetwater engineers will attest, this is a delicate balance to find. Fortunately, the KRK 8s studio subwoofer can help you dial in the perfect kick drum, electric bass, or synth and fine-tune the rumble of a train.
KRK monitors: the professional’s choice for 25 years
Mix and mastering engineers have been reaching for KRK monitors for a quarter of a century. And what better way to rejuvenate your trusted system than by adding a powered sub like the KRK 8s. The extended bass response will give your work a more professional finish and will make your everyday listening more enjoyable.
KRK 8s Powered Studio Subwoofer Features:
- The perfect complement to KRK studio monitors
- Works well with any system
- Takes mixes from good to great
- 8″ glass-aramid woofer handles high SPLs without distortion
- Extended low end sheds light on problem bass frequencies
- Clean, tight, powerful bass enhances everyday listening
- Adjustable crossover customizes sub response
- Flexible positioning – accurate even placed off to the side
- Sensitivity switch for use with pro or consumer audio equipment
- Ground-lift and polarity switch overcome setup issues
- Footswitchable bypass (footswitch not included; sold separately)
- Frequency response: 35Hz-133Hz
- Frequency range: 30Hz-205Hz
Create cleaner, louder mixes with the KRK 8s powered studio subwoofer!