Special design offers wide soundstage with incredible transient response.
In order to dampen resonance peaks at higher frequencies, conventional dome tweeters are injected with fluid to raise their mass, sacrificing transient response time. By contrast, the custom-designed AMT tweeter in the R80 uses an incredibly thin, folded Kapton membrane (< 0.01mm) with an inlayed aluminum circuit functioning as the voice coil, allowing the tweeter to move at the same instant as the electric current. The resulting reactive response time provides marked clarity and superior transient reproduction.
Wide, consistent stereo image
An unfolded AMT tweeter diaphragm provides 8 to 13 times the projection area of a traditional 1″ dome tweeter, enabling R80 monitors to provide a much wider stereo soundstage than traditional designs. At the same time, the R80 provides a very limited vertical dispersion, which helps to reduce reflections from the ceiling and desktop that can cause phase coherence issues. Because it’s less subject to room-anomaly interference, the R80 reacts predictably and sounds consistent from room to room.
The R80 utilizes an 8″, custom-coated, woven Kevlar low-frequency driver. This rigid cone maintains a more consistent dispersion pattern across its frequency response range. Biamped and driven by a 150W Class D amplifier—making the R Series some of the most powerful monitors in their category—these monitors deliver an open, clear, and less fatiguing listening experience.
Have it your way
You can customize the R80 in several ways. It’s available with black or blue faceplates to fit your studio décor. With balanced XLR, balanced 1/4” TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs, it’s easy to feed audio to your R80 monitors from a mixer, an interface, a media player, or almost any other line-level source. And R Series monitors offer user-adjustable contour features for optimizing the monitors for your mixing space. This enables full integration into any studio environment.
The R80’s AMT monitor design provides lifelike sonic reproduction that will allow you to hear the room in your recordings. Its transparent sound and responsive transient reproduction makes it an ideal solution for anyone who is mixing high-resolution audio.
Components and construction
- 2-way active AMT design provides articulate high-frequency response and wide stereo imaging
- Custom-designed, 6.8″, AMT ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies
- 8″ Kevlar LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean sound and punchy bass
- Balanced XLR and 1/4″ TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Acoustic Space settings (Linear, -1.5dB, -3dB, -6dB) compensate for room placement
Power and safety
- Biamped 150W RMS (LF = 100 W, HF = 50 W), Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, and subsonic filter protection
- Energy Conservation Mode (with enable/disable) lowers standby power to <0.5 W
- External mains fuse
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
Order this special monitor pair for your studio today!